Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Relief SOLE-ciety Visiting Teaching Activity!

 I was the Relief Society President over a YSA ward last year.  At the beginning of the semester after setting up Visiting teaching, my presidency and I planned a Visiting Teaching Activity to get the women in our ward excited about doing their visiting teaching.  I found this skit online at many different sites, but this is the site that I copied it from. 

DECORATIONS

I printed off a couple of different shapes of high-heeled shoes and then copied them onto cardboard.  I cut out one pair of high-heeled shoes for each table and so this came to 20 shoes.  I then painted all of the shoes black and set them aside.

I asked around for shoe boxes.  I needed at least 12 shoe boxes and was able to find this many easily.  I used my sister's Criket to cut out different girl shoes as well as flowers and glued these onto the sides of some of the shoe boxes.  Other shoe boxes looked cute without adding any decorations.  I then took each of the lids and cut out a hole for the heel and ball of each heel in random places on the shoe box lid.


When setting up the centerpieces on each table I put the shoe box in the cent of the table upside down with the lid diagonally on top.  I place one pair of high heels on each shoe box and then laid out starbursts for a fun treat to have during the skit.

One of my counselor made 8 cards per table with one question on each card.  This was a fun way for the girl's to get to know each other as they came in at the beginning of the evening.  
Some of the questions were:
What is your favorite color?
Who is your favorite General Conference speaker and why?
What is your most embarrassing moment?
Who is your role model and why?
What attributes do you love most about your mom and why?
What would be your perfect date?
What is your favorite physical characteristic of men?

This was fun and got everybody laughing as they learned about their roommates, friends, bishopric, and other women in the ward.








We used "Food for the SOLE" as our centerpiece for the dessert table.  The dessert that we served was PUMP-kin cookies with vanilla frosting on top.  It is fun to word play!  Even though it might sound corny, most often it ends up being really cute once everything is put together.




Each women was given a reminder slip for doing their visiting teaching each month.  This is really simple to make.  All you need is paper, thread of some sort, and a hole puncher.  I made 2 columns on a word document and wrote out "Have you done your Visiting Teaching?  NO" in one column and "Have you done your Visiting Teaching? YES" in the other column.  I added a little border to each column and then printed enough out for every women in the ward.

I then used a cutting board and cut each one apart.  I folded the 2 columns together and put a hole punch in each end.  I then tied the thread in a bow on one side and a knot on the other.  You can do a bow on both sides if you would like to.  They then could hang them on their refrigerator to remind them about doing their visiting teaching each month.




No comments:

Post a Comment